Monday 8 April 2013

Signs from Spirit




On a walk with my 19 month old son last week we spotted an Boobook Owl in the tree who was being harassed and attacked by 2 magpies. It was distressing to see, as the magpies were relentless in trying to get the Owl out of their tree. But the owl stood his ground, defended himself, but later when I went back to see if he was ok, he had moved on.
The next day I had a butterfly land in front of me on the footpath. I gently placed the butterfly on a nearby shrub and went to walk away, when it flew toward me and landed on my leg. It was a beautiful butterfly and I spent sometime marvelling at its beauty.  And just yesterday afternoon my husband showed me a huge grasshopper that he had found in the garden. Boy, were these signs foretelling to what was to happen in the coming week.

The owl to me is a really good sign. It is a sign that a transformation or a change is coming, but with the magpies harassing and attacking the owl trying to force it out of their territory could only mean that the change that is coming is going to involve some disharmony and maybe even a fight. The butterfly also means transformation of course but I see the change is going to bring peace harmony and beauty with it and it should not be feared, as everything will turn out just fine.

                                                                
A few days later my husband took a voluntary termination of his job as it was a relationship that was toxic and cramping to his spirit. This event came completely out of the blue and we did not see it coming, although it was something that needed to happen. This can be extremely devastating to leave a job but I had received the sign of the butterfly from spirit so I knew that all would be well. That very next day the grasshopper appears. All over the world this sign is known as a sign for good luck. The grasshopper symbolism recognises tremendous leaps of faith, impressive jumps in progress and consistent forward momentum.
Spirit knows us very well and will send signs that will stand out from the everyday things that you see. When they really want your attention they sure know how to get it.

Denise Linn writes in her book Signposts”: “Signs capture abstractions of the human condition and create a bridge between the realm of spirit and the realm of form, as well as revealing the connection that exists between seemingly diverse objects. They can also reflect our feelings and reveal our fears. The study of signs span the ages, therefore signs are best understood in the context of their religious, cultural, historical background and the soil from which they arose, as well as how they operate in your life. Fundamentally signs have two functions. They serve as messengers of important information about your present circumstances and even about your future. They also act as reflections of where you are in your life.”

Life goes by and many things are thrown in our paths everyday, but do we pay attention?  Are we listening? Are we looking? Our daily life is full of specific messages from our spirit guides, angels and loved ones.  They are always around us helping and guiding us in our everyday lives, if we are open to asking for signs, and receiving messages.  The Divine is very good at sending us signs and will do so throughout our day, everyday. They want to guide us and help us on our journey through life as well as to let us know that we are never, ever alone.

Signs can come to you in many different ways.  I find that for me my signs appear a lot of the time in nature. But signs can also appear in songs on the radio or a song you just cant get out of your head, through a conversation with a stranger that you meet at the library; through a book, in a dream or meditation, by noticing repetitive numbers or sounds, through a unexpected event or the synchronicities of events, through colours or from something that appears totally out of the blue.

It is so amazing when you stop and pay attention to what the universe is trying to tell you. They are constantly reassuring you that you are not alone and that you are surrounded by love and Divine assistance. It is very easy to ignore a sign or miss a sign when you are not sure if it is a sign. First you need to believe in yourself and trust your intuition and notice your feelings. If you notice an event and you are asking yourself…”I wonder if this is a sign?” it more than likely is. Trust what you notice, write it down, collect observations and notes and make sure that you record what you were thinking, feeling or doing at the time and if anything relevant is happening in your life. Over time you will collect signs and their special meaning to you.  It might not be what is written in a book or on a website, the sign might be very specific to you. 

I have a few signs that I know if I see them, than that it is my love ones close by. My dad always sends me a pelican and a dear friend always appears as a dragonfly or with the song “Give it Up” by KC and the Sunshine Band. I usually ask to see the sign if I’m wanting to know they are nearby, or the signs randomly appear if I have been thinking about them that day, or just to let you know that see what is happening for you in your life. Sometimes signs will appear to you as a warning sign of turbulent times ahead or to let you know that all is well.

Signs will appear that you have not seen before.  If you do not know the relevance of the sign at the time, just take note and look up the meaning at a later time. You will know what meaning fits with what is happening in your life. There are many books available and websites that you can go to look up a sign that has appeared to you that you need help understanding what it means.

If you need a little guidance or want to know if you are on the right path just send out a prayer to the Divine. If you want to be extra sure, my very special friend once told me to ask to be shown the sign 3 times. Don’t forget to always show your gratitude and appreciation for their guidance.

Then this morning, as always, I checked my phone to check my emails and I had noticed that a call was made on my phone at 2:22 this morning and the number that was called appeared as *7. This is easily explained. My husband was still up and he moved my phone and in the process accidently called *7. Is this just a coincidence that it was at 2:22 and he dialed number 7? According to “Angel Numbers 101” by Doreen Virtue, the numbers mean:
222  – "Trust that everything is working out exactly as it’s supposed to, with Divine blessings for everyone involved. Let go and let faith."
7  – "Your on the right path, and the outcome will exceed your expectations! The number 7 is a sign that Divine magic is supporting you and opening doors of opportunity. "

All is well,

Sam.







No comments:

Post a Comment

comments from our friends make us happy here at spirit and soul language...leave us a comment, and we'll leave one back x